Skip to main content
Plumber Camden and Gloucester County
Plumber Camden and Gloucester County

Plumber Camden and Gloucester County

Toilet Repairs: What’s Wrong With My Toilet in Camden and Gloucester County

Posted in: Plumbing

Four of the most common symptoms when troubleshooting and diagnosing your Camden and Gloucester County toilet for maintenance and repair.

Symptom #1

There is water on the floor around the base of my toilet or water leaks from under the base of my toilet when I flush. Usually this happens when the wax ring looses it’s seal. This is caused by lack of use (wax ring dries up)or, more commonly the Camden and Gloucester County toilet moves causing a break in the seal. The toilet moves usually because the flange on the sewer pipe breaks and the bolt no longer holds the toilet in place or the porcelain cracks where the bolt holds the tank to the floor. Repairs can be made by the homeowner.

Symptom #2:

Water is leaking from between my tank and bowl. The tank and bowl are held together by bolts (usually two) and there are rubber seals on the bolts and between the tank and bowl. Local water conditions and bowl cleaners that are put into the toilet tank can cause these items to deteriorate. Unless there is a crack in the tank, replacing these items will repair this problem.

Symptom #3:

The toilet tank is filling with water even when I’m not using it. There is a part in your toilet tank called the flapper. It is attached to the flush valve. It is usually a soft rubber which over time can deteriorate due to age, water conditions or adding bowl cleaners to the tank. Replacing the flapper will repair this problem. Most flappers are universal.

Symptom #4:

The water will not shut off even after the tank is full. Repair or replace the fill valve. This is the valve that lets water into your tank from the water supply line. There are several types. The two most common fill valves are the horizontal floating ball that is attached to an arm which in turn opens or closes the fill valve , and the vertical floating ball which rides up and down the fill valve shaft closing or opening the fill valve. In many cases, replacing the seals in the fill valve will repair this problem. However, most people opt to replace the fill valve totally.

Article Source:

If you are looking for a plumber or HVAC contractor in the New Jersey area, please call Black Horse Pike Plumbing & Heating II Inc. at 800-571-LEAK (5325) or fill out our online request form.

Plumber Camden and Gloucester County